Monday, November 22, 2010
Christmas and Festivals in Russia and Turkey
Below are some questions to copy and paste into email and then send to students in Russia and Turkey through Ms. Olga and Mr. Ali. Ms. Olga is at: firstname.lastname@example.org and Mr. Ali is at: email@example.com, and to the other teachers at: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com. They will have their students reply to you. You can attach or send the URLs to your maps and ask the following questions by cutting and pasting them into your messages, and then answering them:
1. Why do people celebrate the festivals in your country?
2. What holidays and festivals are important parts of your culture?
3. What special traditions and rituals surround your holidays and festivals? What do people remember / celebrate? What special things do you do? What special feelings do people have?
4. Are your festival celebrations the same as others around the world? How are they the same? How different?
5. What is a symbol? How are symbols used in in your celebrations and holidays?